Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fuko Ibuki 1/8 PVC by Kotobukiya



Fuko Ibuki is a character from the anime/visual novel Clannad. I ordered this 1/8 PVC by Kotobukiya from Robert's Anime Corner Store for $35.08. She is still in stock at the time of this post, if you're interested in buying her you can find her here. Fuko was and still is one of my favorite characters from Clannad. When she arrived I was worried she might be damaged, because of the condition her box was in. Luckily she was unharmed after all that, although her box wasn't as fortunate. Read on for a full review and lots of pictures.








Fuko comes with 3 faces, her wooden star(fish), two dog ears and a tail. Her stand is pretty simplistic just featuring the Clannad logo, and she's held on it by two pegs in her left foot and one in her right. The dog ears attach to her head by magnets, which I find quite nice for keeping them in place yet making them easy to remove. Speaking of removal, it took me a matter of seconds upon holding her in my hands before I realized her skirt is removable. This is only my second figure from Kotobukiya, but it seems that their figures have something in common with each other so far. The body can be easily taken apart and put back together. No worries about damaging the figure to remove the skirt. Not sure if Kotobukiya does this with all of their figures but I will assume so until I own one that doesn't. At least her shiny purple pantyhose makes for a more interesting pantsu shot than the typical plain white. The dog tail slips in a slot in the bottom of her shirt, as you can see in one of the pictures below. I think I prefer the original face the most, probably only because it shows her eyes fully, and I also prefer to pose her with the ears and tail, and yes with her skirt on. I do enjoy her other faces though, extra choices are always welcome. Given that this isn't a high quality figure it's still quite nice, especially if you're a fan of Fuko like I am. This is my first Clannad figure and I've grown quite attached to the anime, so I don't think it'll be my last. More pictures of Fuko can be found on my Flickr photostream.







Just in case there's someone out there reading this who hasn't seen Clannad, here's an odd little video of Fuko in action. The first and second season both come highly recommended, though I would advise you steer clear of the movie version until you've watched them both, unlike I did.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't get this figure even though i like fuko as well. it looks alright but one tend to have higher expectation for figure of character he likes.

Anonymous said...

Kawaii!!! I loves her. I usually have her on display with the tail, but no ears. I love the starfish... and the base is really nice. Plain white with the logo.... the pic of the base with the starfish on it.. I love that... Looks so... poignant....

Anonymous said...

I have 3 Clannad figures but I haven't seen the anime. I admit I only bought the figures because they were cheap and cute.

Unknown said...

Lol, nice Fuuka figure. Too bad shes not my kind of figure, but I do dig the tail and the nekomimi style Fuko is trying to mimic :p.

*hears her face going "fuu~ fuu~"