Thursday, March 5, 2009

March Madness?




March has been here for 5 days now, and I'm just getting back to blogging~ uguu. Well, things turned out to be a little hectic. My bank card got stolen and someone helped themselves to a few hundred dollars of my money on the first of the month. But luckily the person who took my card wasn't very smart and thus our newly arrived tax returns weren't drained completely. The bank is going to cover the money that was taken, so things will be o.k. We're also in the process of doing a bunch of much needed home improvements. And, as I'm writing this Riiana has come down with a cold and I'm trying to fend it off. Alas, all this in only a short time, but things aren't too bad I guess. So on with regular posting. This morning Nendoroid Yoko arrived at my door. I also decided to take pictures of the poster that came in the February issue of OtakuUSA that I recently got, as requested.


Here's the full shot.

And a couple shots in sections to show better detail.

Anyways I'll be doing a shoot of the Nendoroid Yoko probably tomorrow, and Riiana is working on a review of Fooly Cooly that should be up real soon. I also want to do an update of pre-orders as I have several things in waiting.



Oh yeah, and I got an e-mail from fellow Team Blue member and blogger, Otaku Dan, as well as a blog comment from fellow blogger Blowfish pointing me in the direction of a Sankaku Complex article about tattoos that just happened to feature Riiana's Tama the tiger from Hayate no Gotoku. Thanks for the heads up guys!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I had that same problem as well, some jerk stole my credit information and spend about 1000 dollars on shipping supplies. thank goodness my bank refunded me the money and sent me a new credit card.

Riiana Doon said...

Otaku Dan~ Dang, that had to suck as well, being shorted that much money.
Was that recently that it happened?

Lightning Sabre said...

Oh jeez! Thankfully your bank covered the stolen money... Still, how did they even able to get your pin? Crazy...

I lost my wallet once, but a kind soul kept everything intact. From that point on, I'm always aware where my wallet is.

Get well Riiana, and don't give persocom your cold XD

Anonymous said...

I will be freaking out if that ever happens but I know my bank is helpful as long as u report it asap so they can cancel my card immediately.

Get well soon Riiana. ^^

Snark said...

Wow, lucky thing the banks covering the stolen cash =D

Anyways, I fucking love both the poster and the nendoroid!

Now excuse me as I go and burn with jealousy in the corner...

Anonymous said...

Do like!!!!!!!
YOKO NENDO!!!!!!
That's horrible having your card stolen, Glad to hear the bank will cover it!!!

Q said...

Sounds midly hectic to start off the month, but hope things are ok for you. Lots of Gurren Lagann stuff here~ ^^

Anonymous said...

That's a nice Tengen Toppa poster. It's tragic how Kamina had to go but it served the plot well.

Anonymous said...

mmm I might get the magazine just to get that poster. I REALLY like that image, it suits them perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh pretty pretty Yoko. I'd love a nendo of her... but right now theres too much on my plate. And my Lulu *should* be here today lol. I'm gonna go check in about 10 minutes lol. I do hope that he's here... I've got really quite hooked on Code Geass... I want that AlphaxOmega Shirley even more now.... I mean.. I wanted her before... but now I just gotta find a place where she's in stock.... I've got £200 coming in next week too... oh temptations... And theres Freeing Nagi who I'm getting... £50 right there.... Gahhhh mini-rant lol.

I has a lovely Yoko poster. Dakimakura-style, from an old Newtype hehe, tis lovely, is on my door, I think I took a pic of it when I got to Uni lol.