Monday, July 21, 2008

Hatsune Miku shirt arrival!


Well I just went to check my mailbox and found a pleasant surprise! I had ordered a Hatsune Miku t-shirt from J-List about a month ago I'd say, and they told me soon after my order that due to conventions they were all out and the shirt was on backorder. Well it's here now. My very first "anime" shirt. Previously 90% of my shirt wardrobe was band t-shirts, and I had been looking through my closet in disgust at how boring that really is. Sure I love music, and Miku is technically a music program herself, but when I saw the shirt I had to have it. I think it was $18.95, + around $2-3 shipping and handling, which wasn't bad at all. I'd spend around the same amount at the mall for a band t-shirt. Anyways here's a couple shots of the shirt ^^


Yeah in the first picture there's a complimentary package of tissues that came with the shirt. I guess J-list does that with all the orders. Keep them for cleaning my figma? *shrug*

So what is anime to me? You could say anime is my anti-drug quite literally. A lot of anime actually affects me as a whole, for instance "Welcome To The N.H.K." snapped me out of my unhealthy obsession with online gaming, just at the time when I was getting bored of it anyways, it also made me realize how much of a shut-in I had become. Sometimes I still play online games but I don't let them suck me in and tune out the rest of the world. This is only one of many issues addressed in this anime but it's an example of the impact it had on me.



I'd like to share a quote by Dr. Seuss that I think applies to people quite well, related to the subject of how you are perceived by others - "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." This is especially true about those who criticize others about the things they like. If you don't like something you don't need to blatantly bash people about it, negativity only breeds more negativity. And now I'll finish on a positive note. Here's a picture that I really like because I'm a husband and a father. Parenthood really changes a person's perspective.

Dango family from Clannad. My son adores the song and the animation to the ED, so here it is for your viewing pleasure. He even draws dango outside with sidewalk chalk! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Dango!!! Just love them! And the ed theme is so lovely....